from the one and only comedy goddess
while i am grateful, i wont be passing it on as i dont think fellow bloggers are particularly anxious to get awards from me. my blogfidence (yes. a new term i just coined. feel free to steal it and give me credit :) is not at an all-time high.
but i'll do the rules as far as posting 10 honest/true things about me
1. i like smoking. i keep starting and quitting. and i'm trying to get into running again. those two seem to be mutually exclusive. when i do smoke its only 4-5 a day. but its still smoking. and when i say "quit" i mean for 7 months or so. its not a one week on one week off kind of thing.
2. i like drinking. most times for the taste and sometimes for the effect. and i do smoke considerably more when partaking of the sauce.
3. i love writing. i tried to make a poetry blog. and despite the great quote (cyril connolly?) that its "better to write for yourself and have no public than to write for the public and have no self", i was still disappointed. and i probably shouldnt let it dissuade me, but i think it has.
4. giants - mets - rangers - knicks. there were times in my life when i was more of a fan. i missed most of my sisters wedding. she was married the day the rangers won the stanley cup. i was in my uncle's car in the parking lot listening to the game with my cousin. i am in a total of three wedding pictures. three. i wouldnt lie about something like that. nor would my parents.
5. my parents say they are proud of the way i turned out. sometimes i wonder. and i honestly hope my children wont be anything like me.
6. i have never thought people hurting themselves or making spectacles of themselves was funny. maybe i'm not a real man. dont care. never thought it was funny. not even when i was a little kid.
7. i dont think one can really have too many pairs of underwear. i mean 30 of each is not unreasonable. and i dont know when the word underwear came to mean bottoms. what are the tops called ?! underpants + undershirts = underwear. underwear = what you wear underneath (if you do. and i'm not getting into that right now). and they are both underwear. i dont know why this bothers me, but it does.
8. little things bother me more than big things.
9. to follow closely to number 8 (and again doubting my manhood), i dont give a damn if someone hits my car. i dont have road rage but i do assert myself when necessary and if someone is edging into my lane and they dont belong doing so, i will stay in it. i dont care if they hit my car. i'm not attached to it. maybe because i only paid 30K for it and not 90. dont know. dont care.
10. i have ADD. and i know that there are many people out there that dont believe that this is a true disorder. that kids (and adults) that have it (really have it. not the BS diagnoses) just need a slap in the rear. tell it to the people that have it.
not the funnniest post ever.
i'll have something better later today or tomorrow.